GBS Access Point AdminOverland Park Primary Location: OVERLAND PARK, KS - United States Facility Overland Park Job ID 203865 Zip Code 66210
The Access Point Administrative Assistant is responsible for retaining and growing customer business. He/She uses available resources to learn customers' businesses, identify business needs, and proactively contact customers to position UPS Access Points (a retail location that accepts packages from a UPS service provider and stores them until they're picked up by the customer). This position is responsible for monitoring contractual compliance, reporting, and answering customer questions.
The Access Point Administrative Assistant uses the company systems and tools to monitor and maintain existing and potential Access Point locations. He/She maintains up-to-date knowledge of UPS Access Point products and services to generate solutions that meet customer needs. The Access Point Administrative Assistant also responds to customer questions, complaints, and inquiries to meet customer needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Uses sales tools to research customer businesses, validate accurate data entry for new candidates, and maintain accurate reporting and monitoring of Access Point metrics
- Questions customers to learn about their business and overall needs
- Uses knowledge of customers' businesses to demonstrate how becoming a UPS Access Point can support and help customers achieve their business objectives
- Follows-up on sales leads identified in customer calls and Access Point Candidate Tool-APC to gain more Access Point customers. Maintains relationships with customers by assisting them and acting as their advocate in resolving service issues (e.g., claims, damages, etc.) to ensure retention of customers
- Records and updates account activity (e.g., call notes, vacation status, etc.) to ensure account status is maintained
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company
- Understands customer's general business needs and knows the account status; may provide information about accounts for use in planning account strategy
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information
- Establishes and maintains entry level contacts in customer organizations; builds relationships to further understand customers' business and objectives
- College degree - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.