Accounting AR/AP Admin
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Facility: Overland Park
- Job ID: 220246
- Zip Code: 66210
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Accounting AR/AP Admin
- Overland Park, Kansas
If you’re looking to show the world what UPS can do, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking an energetic, proactive, customer-focused Accounts Payable Admin 7 to handle all aspects of support related to Accounts Payable. He/she assists with the processing of invoices for suppliers, customer and employees and manages invoice exceptions, statement and credit research, duplicate payment review and credit card, payment and utility processing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurately prepares coding for Accounts Payable invoices
- Performs data entry tasks; enters and verifies invoice information from which checks will be prepared
- Sorts and distributes documents, insures all requests are authorized by appropriate authorities and maintains accurate file of disbursements
- Manages Correct Invoice Holds
- Provides excellent customer service via telephone and/or written email communication for Accounts Payable-related questions
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts; serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
- Identifies areas of exception by researching and identifying causes for holds and delays; resolves issues that delay and suspend the processing of vendors' invoices
- Receives mail, answers phones, processes forms and audits documents
- Analyzes information using established procedures; draws conclusions where little variation in interpretation is possible
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task within deadlines
- Proficient in 10-key by touch
- Possesses basic work processing skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, phone)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of general Accounting principles; familiarity of purchase order and payment process
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and AP-related documents
- Working Knowledge of Oracle GL, Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Accounting experience or certification – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.