IE Supervisor - Air
The Industrial Engineering Supervisor-Air supports gateway operations and provides district level planning in UPS domestic operations. This position creates and reviews work measurements and holiday and operational plans, and offers operational improvement ideas. He/she serves as a subject matter expert to the gateways and district for items such as flow, schedules, network design, and feeder aircraft planning. In addition, he/she provides direction and oversight for capital expenditures, transportation evaluation and special projects. The Industrial Engineering Supervisor also provides guidance and oversight for business, network, and facility planning, and for new service offering implementation planning. He/she creates financial and operational evaluations and coordinates the implementation of Network changes, peak changes, and all Corporate and Region approved projects.
To carry out the major responsibilities of gateway operations support and district IE planning, the Industrial Engineering Supervisor uses air reporting and gateway planning systems to compile data, create gateway sort level plans, review reports, and assist with job setup evaluation. This position also provides information on product changes and cost initiatives to the District Air Planner, assists the District Air Planner in completing the ground support equipment order process, and helps the District Air Planner prepare for peak meetings. This individual also coordinates between operational groups to support planning cycles, reviews gateway work measurement documentation and audits, evaluates special projects.
- Coordinate and evaluate large, complex network initiatives
- Complete the Air Planning assessment portion of the annual national IE Department assessment
- Prepare an IE Department assessment audit review and follow up and train on audit deficiencies
- Work on ad hoc requests to provide information on customer and operational contingency issues
- Coordinate contingency operating plans with region, district and cross functional teams and groups
- Coordinate industry-specific customer issues and concerns with affected work groups (e.g., food industry customers, pharmaceutical customers, etc.)
- Applies an understanding of policies and procedures to situations and operations in a business area
- Assesses, identifies, measures and monitors customer or business needs in order to make decisions and take appropriate actions
- Designs and develops integrated solutions to business problems by determining requirements and critical elements, identifying alternatives, developing the business case, creating project designs, and ensuring the solution meets service, cost and/or quality goals
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law