- Full Time
- Oakland, California
- Travel: No
- Facility: Oakland Human Resources
- Job ID: 191227
- Zip Code: 94621
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Full Time
- Oakland, California
UPS is seeking an experienced and dynamic U.S. Domestic Finance & Accounting (F&A) Profit Supervisor to manage daily activities of the Finance & Accounting department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and UPS policy. He/She oversees development and supports execution of strategies designed to achieve financial objectives. The F&A Profit Supervisor guides the corporate management team in areas pertaining to financial processes, planning, forecasting, reporting, analysis, monitoring costs, reviewing production, payroll, etc. He/She conducts research and interprets financial data to provide information to management as needed. The Supervisor may supervise specialists and/or interns.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes and reports on profitability to identify and present leading factors driving performance results
- Creates profit plans and business plans using historical data and forecasts to effectively plan US Domestic revenue, expense and statistics agreeable with senior management
- Oversees the production of financial reports to explain variances between business plan, forecast, actual results, and trends
- Provides ad hoc analyses on financial issues for management team
- Analyzes natural account balances (e.g., labor, occupancy, supply expenses, etc.) for planning, forecasting and identifying areas for cost improvement
- Maintains cross-functional relationships to exchange pertinent information, achieve business objectives, and ensure business plan implementation
- Supervises and develops others through on-going feedback, accountability, and performance evaluations
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Accounting, Finance, or related field - Preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) methods - Preferred
- Demonstrate understanding of Longview (Khalix) - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Access and Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, and queries) - Preferred
- Experience using General Ledger and Oracle software - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.