Part-Time Automotive Supervisor
Job Title: PT Automotive Supervisor
Days: Monday - Friday
Job Summary and Key Responsibilities
The Part Time Automotive Fleet Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a safe, reliable, and cost-efficient fleet of vehicles to support the business. He/She ensures proper use and care of physical assets, controls costs, manages external vendor relationships, works closely with auto mechanics and internal customers, and performs regular equipment and facility audits. This position supervises mechanics within the department. The Part Time Automotive Fleet Supervisor reports to the Full Time Automotive Fleet Supervisor.
The job responsibilities include monitoring equipment maintenance, reviewing and approving automotive expenses while maintaining automotive cost effectiveness. They support a collaborative automotive work environment and are responsible for supervising and developing others while supporting automotive safety and compliance. He/She also manages automotive vendor performance.
- Be organized and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Possess ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Have experience with light, medium and heavy duty trucks preferred.
- Meet DOT requirements and have the ability to obtain a CDL license.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to perform office related tasks, including use of office machinery, telephones, and computers.
- Utilize various software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office.
- Applies Legal, Regulatory, and Safety Compliance Knowledge.
- Applies knowledge of mechanical fundamentals, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair to vehicle or aircraft fleet operation.
- Applies knowledge of UPS policies, principles, and procedures that are relevant to a business area.
- Applies knowledge about the structure and operation of UPS’s core business.
- Builds Labor Relations.
- Coaches and Develops Others.
- Manages Equipment Repair oversees the correction of problems with tools, machinery, and other general technical equipment.
- Manages routine inspections of buildings, grounds, equipment, supplies, and/or compliance documents to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, prolonged service life, and appearance.
- Manages Physical Assets, Identifies, evaluates, selects, obtains, assigns, and maximizes the use of physical assets. Projects number and type of physical assets required to meet future business needs.
- Manages Vendor/Supplier Relationships.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law