CUSTOMS BROKERAGE REP IIIJFK/NEW YORK Primary Location: JAMAICA, NY - United States Facility JFK/NEW YORK Job ID 219075 Zip Code 11434
The Customs Brokerage Representative III candidate will have advanced knowledge of entry writing, ability to classify according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedules (HTS), participating government agencies clearances (PGA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 19 , and Customs Regulations gained by two or more years of experience working for a Customs Broker. The candidate will also have three or more years of customer service or general office experience.
- Duties include but are not limited to preparation of customs entries and forwarding freight to designated locations. This may involve interface with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
- Prepare Customs entries and follow-up with the clearance process on all entries prepared.
- Communicate documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor.
- Judgment and independent initiative is required to identify, adapt and apply approaches to solve problems and to interpret policy.
- This position requires the ability to manage several accounts, while providing excellent customer service, accurate and timely submission of documentation
- Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations.
- Review rates, trace product movement, file entries with Customs; clarification and valuation of merchandise.
- Performs quality checks as needed.
- Resolve finance and accounting reconciliation exchange issues.
- Responsible for filing entries to customs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsibilities may include scanning entries into the imaging system meeting allotted and sensitive time requirements.
- Administrative responsibilities include preparation of reports/presentations and analysis using various software packages and databases.
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
- At least three years of customer service, general office, or data entry experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven organizational skills
- At least two years of Customs Brokerage experience to include entry writing, filing entries with customs: classification and valuation of merchandise.
- Ability to multi-task
- The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS SCS in a positive manner
- Knowledge of HTS and CFR 19, Customs Regulations and PGA clearances
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.