Procurement Process Specialist
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Facility: MATERIAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
- Job ID: 255821
- Zip Code: 37211
- Street Address: 753 MELROSE AVENUE
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Procurement Process Specialist
- Nashville, Tennessee
UPS is seeking a dynamic Procurement Process Specialist to support the MDC Procurement Operations initiatives. He/She will conduct analysis to understand organizational spending patterns. He/She will recommend, develop and implement process improvements within the group. The Procurement Process Specialist collaborates with MDC Management team, vendors and cross-functional UPS teams, leveraging technology and employing critical thinking to drive efficiencies. If you're looking for an exciting and challenging career opportunity we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes aspects of the MDC office processes and identifies improvement opportunities
- Conducts analysis to understand purchasing patterns and prioritize improvement efforts
- Assists in development of project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure project will be completed on time and according to specifications
- Identifies affected functions and groups and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact
- Troubleshoots & test current applications, isolates errors, and takes corrective action to resolve issues by collaborating with IS team.
- Support the MDC administrative staff by assisting in purchase order processes
- Complete Month End data processes
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous related work experience
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and use technology
- 6 months - 2 years corporate experience
- Strong analytical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Preferred
- Basic SQL knowledge – Preferred
- Strong attention to detail skills
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.