Senior Officer – Finance & Accounting, ISMEA – Mumbai, IndiaPrimary Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra - IN Job ID 055595 Zip Code 400059
This position performs financial analyses (e.g., client level profitability, variance comments, trend analysis, financial statement accuracy, asset expenditures, etc.) across various products and sector groups. He/she compiles and prepares reports, graphs, charts, and written financial summaries. This position performs general finance and accounting processes including researching, analyzing, creating, and processing monthly journal entries The Finance Specialist researches and interprets financial data to provide information to management.
Performs and Completes Business Planning Reviews
- Audits areas of concern (e.g., unusual cost, high workers’ compensation claims, etc.) to ensure proper reporting occurs.
- Creates and maintains customer profitability reports to ensure proper charges are administered.
- Generates reports on customer forecasted versus actual revenue to determine results.
- Conducts trending headcounts to determine projected benefits costs.
- Inputs and reviews data into the managerial costing application (i.e., Bidcam) to ensure proper revenue plans are generated for customers.
Conducts Monthly Closeout Reporting
- Communicates with operators in each department to identify journal expenses.
- Creates and formats departmental cost statements for appropriate division management personnel.
- Reports on district profitability and revenue management to identify actual versus planned projections.
- Researches cost overruns to identify causes and establish corrective plans if required.
- Prepares summary of monthly cost data to be used by the District Controller in monthly reporting.
Conducts Cost Planning and Analysis
Reviews financial aspects of capital expenditure proposals (i.e., Real Estate Facilities Committee) to ensure cost alternatives have been considered.
- Prepares reports identifying headcount, discretionary expenses, etc. to ensure inclusion in budget projections.
- Allocates costs to centers, management staffing, and wage rates to ensure proper accounts are charged.
Assists in Business Planning Forecasting
- Assists in developing and maintaining planning tools (e.g., Khalix, etc.) and templates to utilize in planning and forecasting.
- Assists in the collection of operating expenses from various support functions to contribute to financial planning.
- Assists in performing variance analysis of plans to identify areas where targeted projections are not being obtained.
- Assists in updating monthly and quarterly forecasts to ensure accurate forecasts are maintained.
- Assists with training on planning and forecasting tools and methodologies to provide education to the operations team.
Job Specific Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting
- 3-5 years professional experience in F&A; Logistics industry is an advantage
- Strong Finance & Accounting Knowledge
- Strong mathematical skills, Detail Orientation and analytical mind set
- Good oral and written English communication skills; Arabic is an advantage
- Expert in MS office, in particular Excel, VBA, Access
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.