Lead Area Sales Manager
- Full Time
- Montgomery, New York
- Travel: No
- Opportunities to grow
- Strength of the UPS name behind you
- Diverse team of experts
- Creating custom solutions for business
- Resources of a Fortune 100 organization
- Empowered to use your ingenuity
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Sales professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
Future You Is A Troublemaker
If you’re looking to stir things up, to think differently, to follow crazy ideas that just might work, Future You belongs here.
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS ON THE BIGGEST PROMISES OF ALL
Our connections to people around the world inspire us to keep doing more for the communities we serve. Learn about how our professionals volunteered to help deliver 180 tons of books to children in South Africa.
Future You gets more
Medical, Dental, Vision, & more
Career Growth & Mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Lead Area Sales Manager
- Full Time
- Montgomery, New York
- Facility: Newburgh
- Job ID: 195561
- Zip Code: 12549
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for volume and revenue growth for new and existing accounts within an assigned sales territory. He/She engages with sales team members to develop robust account strategies and to ensure effective application of sales and negotiation skills. This position drives results in key areas of the business plan, including profit, revenue growth, people development, and reporting. The ASM manages the Middle Market Senior Account Executives and Patch of Land Account Executives.
The ASM trains Account Executives (AEs) and/or Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) to review customer information and understand customers’ account status using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application. He/She communicates market trends and competitor information to support the sales team in opportunity development. This position reinforces the use of an established sales process to ensure the sales team effectively uncovers, qualifies, and engages with prospects to make the most of available opportunities and drive growth.
- Conducts customer calls to model sales techniques and share sales and negotiation expertise with the sales team.
- Drives the business plan to support targeted sales opportunities, account penetration, and sales growth strategies.
- Shares complex experiences with the operations teams to provide awareness on recurring customer issues.
- Participates on cross-functional committees (e.g., claims, damage reduction, etc.) to provide subject matter expertise.
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Participates in setting the departmental budget to ensure the guidelines are realistic and achievable.
- Reviews plan versus actual to support sales team performance and create action plans to improve sales results.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Coaches Sales Team Members: Reviews and coaches team members on overall revenue results compared to plan; provides pre- and post-sales call feedback; coaches team members on consultative selling techniques, negotiation skills, and positioning solutions.
- Conducts Competitive Analysis: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of competitor’s strategies and offerings; collects, analyzes, and interprets competitive information; identifies areas where UPS is at a competitive disadvantage and suggests ideas for improving its competitive position.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of how to conduct customer analysis using common sources of information to identify customer facts and trends; collects standard research data about current and prospective customers with some guidance; identifies and develops lists of prospective customers; assists with identifying instances where customer needs or expectations are not being met; drafts promotions of products, services, and features based upon research with oversight from others.
- Creates Account Strategies: Helps define and create specific documented account strategies; evaluates key financial indicators to establish account strategies; leverages sales and service resources to meet basic customer needs; recognizes overlap between customer needs and external industry trends.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties.
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Builds and maintains relationships throughout a customer organization; makes recommendations regarding account decisions or strategies.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Previous supervisory experience - preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.