UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.
At UPS, we also discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization.
From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
• The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for hiring, training, recognizing, supervising and disciplining staff in the courier sort operations.
• The Preload Supervisor is also responsible for coordinating and supervising part-time supervisors and non-management employees assigned to specific areas of the operation.
• Responsibilities also include planning for staffing and operational needs.
• Develop and maintain a stable workforce.
• Hire, train, motivate and discipline staff as required.
• Develop and enhance safety, quality, service and production programs.
• Through B.E.S.T. groups and other empowerment-driven initiatives, develop innovative solutions to service and dispatch issues.
• Act on employee surveys and analyze specific indicators to continuously improve employee relationships.
• Report on all aspects of the operation.
• Maintain an effective administrative system to organize scheduling, vacations, optional days, employee records and files, seniority lists and all other required documentation.
• Investigate and report on all injuries.
• Comply with all federally regulated health and safety and Labour Canada Guidelines.
• Investigate and report on all service disconnects or failures.
• Develop initiatives to reduce overall hub costs and increase production.
• Conduct and review preload and ECS audits.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
• Ability to train in safe work methods/unload/load methods
• Good communication skills – both oral and written
• Problem solving, decision making and leadership skills
• Good time-management skills
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook).
• Post-secondary education (preferred)
• Ability to challenge and motivate others
• Ability to work in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to drive standard shift vehicle
• Willing to work long hours when required
Attributes for Success:
• Service and production oriented
• Goal oriented
• Strong people skills
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment and welcomes all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.
All candidates must successfully complete series of interviews, a criminal history check and references verification in order to qualify.