PT Mpls Midnight Shift Flex SupervisorMinneapolis Primary Location: 3312 Broadway NE , MINNEAPOLIS, MN - United States, 55413 Facility Minneapolis Job ID 226713
UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every single day we strategically move goods, funds and information in more than 220 countries and territories. We are currently seeking dynamic and talented Part-time Supervisors to support our hub operations. Does this sound like your ideal opportunity? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Part-time Flexible Supervisor directly supervises Part-time Package Handlers. He/She trains, develops, and holds their workgroups accountable for safety, production and attendance. They impact the organization by contributing to the continued growth and profitability of UPS by maintaining the highest standards for account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety. He/She provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
Part-Time Flexible Supervisors typically work 2 or 3 days per week (variable days). The work day varies between 5.5 - 10 hours per day. A variety of benefits are available to employees and their eligible dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. Additional benefits may include educational assistance, 401K, discounted stock plan, and paid vacations/holidays. UPS actively promotes from within, so this position may be a stepping stone and lead to future career advancement opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy and efficiency at all times
- Meets/exceeds all established standards for accuracy and productivity
- Ensures all department and/or corporate policies and procedures are communicated, understood and adhered to
- Establishes and promotes a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement and pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation and continual improvement on all levels
- Implements employee personal development plans as required to ensure continued professional growth of department personnel
- Ensures all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, and appropriate materials
- Provides information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support continued development
- Establishes and maintains an aggressive cross-training program within the department to promote development, enhance flexibility, and ensure backup coverage of vital functions and processes
- Functions as an effective liaison and advocate on all levels to ensure that employee, department, and corporate needs are addressed in a timely and productive manner
- Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance with department, station, corporate, and OSHA requirements
Knowledge and Skills
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to lead team successfully
- Currently attending a college, university, junior college or trade school - Preferred
- Management/supervisory experience in a production/processing environment - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.