Freight Inspector T-Force (M-F, 2P-10:30P)
We are seeking a Weight & Research Dock Inspector. He/she determines the accuracy of a bill of lading and verifies the actual weight, density and freight classifications of shipments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspects shipments for proper National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) descriptions and proper weights
- Produces electronic Freight Inspection Reports that provide details regarding shipment dimensions, cubes, densities and proper NMFC descriptions, including detailed photographs and documentation
- Corrects billing in CBIL to ensure applicable freight charges are calculated and properly invoiced and enters all necessary documentation in the Edge system
- Produces weekly Excel spreadsheets detailing activities
- Works to prevent future errors through interaction with customers and Sales by providing education in freight descriptions, proper weights and shipping procedures
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products or equivalent software - Preferred
- Knowledge of dock operations - Preferred
This position is being offered by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, which is not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”).
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law