Operations Supervisor (Based in Auckland - Mangere)Primary Location: Mangere, Auckland - NZ Job ID 054786 Zip Code 2022
The Operations Supervisor for Joint Venture (JV) Operation is responsible for performing training of Outside Service Providers (OSP), addressing service escalations, and resolving concerns within the country. This Position is responsible for New Zealand. He/She coordinates operational business requirements including service failure recovery management, and production goals. The incumbent is required to supervise the daily activities of the operations including meeting service commitments, training and communication, as well as process improvement. He/She is also responsible for working with the JV teams for operations related activities and is also as a back-up for the New Zealand General Manager.
Monitor Existing OSP’s and UPS Operations
- Maintain customer relationships to improve service and identify growth opportunities.
- Coordinate with department to setup OSP’s to monitor services on a daily basis.
- Audit OSP processes to ensure compliance and identify possible optimization.
- Implement safety procedures and policies with OSP’s to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Supervision of all UPS Import, Export, Operation activities and to provide the management with weekly/daily reporting as and when deem necessary.
Implement New OSPs
- Initiate and perform training for OSP representatives in using UPS system, sharing UPS methodology and best practices with aim of OSP becoming an efficient strategic UPS partner and also to ensure communication pertaining to UPS policies and procedures to the OSP.
- Work with the Country and related Cross functions / District / and Region functions to develop and deploy new procedures, reporting templates, tools and service agreements.
- Coordinate day-to-day business, reports, Balance Scorecard (BSC), Vehicle appearance, Service issues, Service recoveries, System issues, including any new deployments or enhancements.
Deliver Operational Results
- Review the operational Balance Scorecard (BSC) to evaluate operational processes.
- Review weekly performance results and to work with district Operations to identify and develop improvement plans.
- Distribute performance results to district managers to assist teams in identifying performance improvements.
- Supply operations with details of service failures from the Service Exception Analysis System (SEAS) to drive improvement activities.
Develop Operational Performance
- Maintain quality control of documentation to maintain standards.
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP) for the training group to promote consistency and improve performance.
- Work with others throughout the Country and district to troubleshoot system, operational, and service inefficiencies and create new processes that result in improved performance.
Supervise and Develop Others
- Determine employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Conduct performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Resolve individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Possess a Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Transportations or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar capacity.
- At least 3 years of successful people management experience.
- Well-updated and keeping abreast to the Government regulations (e.g. Civil, Aviation, Customs).
- Ability to foster excellent working relationship with all the Government Entities and Joint Venture partners.
- Positive and able to lead a team with excellent interpersonal skill.
- Confident, customer-oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Require demonstrated skills in MS Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint).
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.