Lead Information Security Analyst
- Mahwah, New Jersey
- Facility: RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
- Job ID: 255903
- Zip Code: 07430
- Street Address: 340 MACARTHUR BLVD
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Lead Information Security Analyst
- Mahwah, New Jersey
Lead Information Security Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Information Management at UPS Technology:
Our Information Management teams are responsible for designing and supporting data solutions to meet UPS’s rapidly changing business needs. Our team is comprised of individuals who are experts in data management, compliance and governance. We ensure quality, completeness, availability, protection, understanding and effective use of our data assets. Our ability to organize and design the wealth of data we receive each day provides the foundation which enables many of UPS’ core processes.
About this role:
The Lead Information Security Analyst performs a broad range of complex technical and professional work functions to identify, investigate, analyze, and remediate information security events. He/She leads security administration and service operations' functions to ensure enterprise integrity against technical and physical risks. This position determines the effectiveness of security controls, identifies risks and control gaps, and communicates areas for process improvement and solutions through the security governance process. He/She monitors Information Services (I.S.) security controls to protect enterprise and information assets. This position facilitates collaboration with other functions to identify security and business solutions. He/She guides and trains colleagues to increase skill sets and knowledge. This position leads work functions to ensure appropriate resource allocation. He/She maintains current knowledge of developing technologies and applications. This position leads the development and maintenance of business continuity planning, data, systems, and network security for systems and controls related to their job duties.
The Lead Information Security Analyst will assist in supporting UPSs’ Risk Management Program. He/She will conduct complex risk security assessments and compliance reviews for internal and vendor/cloud supported systems. The candidate will initiate, prepare and review risk assessments facilitated by electronic surveys and questionnaire assessments, Q&A interviews and security reviews. They will be required to determine Information Security compliance posture based on the UPS Policies and Standards, contractual agreement and where applicable, governing regulations or laws and prepare a comprehensive, executive quality risk assessment report.
In some cases, the Lead Information Security Analyst will be required to conduct on-site visits, which may include travel. He/She will work as part of the Risk Management Team and will be called upon to contribute new ideas, solve complex problems, coach and mentor other analysts, innovate processes and streamline methodologies to increase and improve vendor audit effectiveness and information security compliance.
- Conduct complex third party risk security assurance on UPS vendors and supply chain partners
- Develop new methodologies to search, data mine enterprise vendor database for “high value-high priority” third party vendors
- Prioritize vendor audit lists based on Information Security policy criteria
- Establish vendor relationships with key points of contact, establish communication channels
- Initiate audit overview meetings and manage audit calendar and schedule
- Provide executive status reports on assurance program activities, vendor controls deficiencies, and corrective action plans
- Identify methods and strategies to overcome program and process challenges
- Evaluate emerging technologies and cyber threats to support maintenance and development of new information security requirements for third parties and supply chain partners and ensure UPS's information assets are continuously protected following UPS Information Security standards and compliance obligations
- Ensure all vendor controls meet company standards for confidentiality, integrity, availability and defense in depth security principles
- Provide immediate security control remediation response in all cases where vendors are found to be deficient or non-compliant
- Research and communicate important Information Security, and Regulatory issues to Information Security Management
- Coach and mentor other InfoSec analysts
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize personal work to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Advanced experience with IT Auditing fundamentals, Information Security Controls, Vendor Cybersecurity Analysis, Cloud Security Controls
- Advanced experience using Assessments Program Tools and/or questionnaire based vendor auditing tools, GRC tools and technologies for audit support and vendor governance
- Advanced knowledge of Auditing Controls, Business Impact & Risk Analysis, Security Risk Management and Security Risk Mitigation
- 5 or more years of relevant assurance, compliance and/or audit experience at a large organization
- Industry Certifications: (Must possess one or more of the following, or be able to obtain and maintain one or more within six months if currently not certified):
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certified in Risk and Information Security Controls (CRISC)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified in the Governance of Information Technology (CGEIT)
- Demonstrated experience leading and collaborating with highly motivated and skilled teams
- Experience developing and leading highly effective teams
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize personal work to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced aptitude in producing executive security assessment reports and dashboards
- Bachelor's degree in IT Management, Information Systems, Risk Management, Auditing, Computer Science, or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.