Lead Applications Developer
- Mahwah, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-around. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing applications that track and move up to 38 million packages daily (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all our customers to build innovative technologies customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
This position leads the design and implementation of continuous delivery solutions and establishes operational excellence efforts for connected services to deliver an “always on” operation, year-round, at the right cost. This position establishes automated deployment architecture and monitoring and integrates security measures within the DevOps practice. The incumbent evaluates the current development process to detect inefficiencies and proposes incremental changes to improve these processes, emphasizing automation in the development pipeline. Researching emerging technologies and guiding incident management are essential skills for this position, which entails designing changes to moderately complex systems to solve problems of scale. This position provides technical leadership and guidance to others and works cross-functionally to develop best practices for building and maintaining secure infrastructure, CI systems, and service-oriented tools. This position ensures the deliverables (e.g., the design, source code, and unit tests cases) of supported teams comply with established operational standards for release management, system maintenance, and configuration automation and meet applications’ needs and SLAs.
- Experience with Agile Development (Git, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Vendors (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT staff and aligns with the overall IT and business strategy
- Knowledge of Cyber Threat Analysis, Internet Development Architecture & Design, Secure Coding/OWASP Top 10, DevSecOps, and Vulnerability/Threat Analysis
- Experience working with architecture teams to develop solution designs in the Public Cloud or on-prem Cloud environments
- Ability to champion the use of security tools and solutions as appropriate to ensure security is addressed throughout the lifecycle of delivered software
- Strong knowledge of scripting Languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Java, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex systems and designs
- Ability to interact with external and internal applications for data gathering and operational feedback
- Familiarity with Knowledge of Standards and Governance Policies and Procedures, Risk Management, and Technical Analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability to mentor team members and development team members on Cloud security and Application Security best practices and principles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)