IT Sec/Compl. Sys Prog. Sr. Analyst (NJ-MD-GA-KY)
- Mahwah, New Jersey
- Facility: RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
- Job ID: 234783
- Zip Code: 07430
- Street Address: 340 MACARTHUR BLVD
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
IT Sec/Compl. Sys Prog. Sr. Analyst (NJ-MD-GA-KY)
- Mahwah, New Jersey
IT Security and Compliance Systems Programming Sr. Analyst
Internal UPS Title: Sr. Systems Programming Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers. The problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Systems Programming at UPS Technology:
Our Systems Programmers design and deploy infrastructure to the highest standards. They are highly determined individuals who serve as a subject matter experts for supporting automation tools to increase organizational efficiency. As a UPS Systems Programmer, your skills will be put to the test working with large-scale automation solutions.
About this role:
The IT Security and Compliance Systems Programming Sr. Analyst will:
- understand and maintain a working knowledge of IT Security Controls and Security Programs.
- be responsible for tracking, reporting, and communicating Enterprise-level vulnerabilities to IT Leadership.
- be responsible maintaining the knowledge and skillset of a Compliance / Security Professional and have the day-to-day responsibilities of analyzing, organizing, and reporting vulnerability information.
- have a working knowledge of highly controlled and regulated environments, such as PCI, SOX, DMZ, and Healthcare.
- collaborate with multiple SDGs to ensure enterprise-wide legal, regulatory, policy, and contractual compliance.
- assist in creating security policies and additional processes to help oversee the execution of security controls and/or assist with implementing Security Programs.
- function as an Information Security subject matter expert with a background capable of supporting the various aspects of vulnerability management.
- participate in several high-level projects related to enterprise security, manage critical relationships with key stakeholders and drive process improvements for the Vulnerability Management Program.
- provide technical guidance, and perform a broad range of complex technical and professional work activities to identify, investigate, analyze, and remediate information security events.
This position advises on best practices, effectiveness of security controls, risk management and control gaps, process improvements, and solutions through the security governance process. S/he monitors Information Technology (I.T.) security controls and service continuity to protect enterprise and information assets. This position collaborates with colleagues and stakeholders to assist in developing secure business solutions. S/he provides training for colleagues and maintains knowledge on emerging technologies.
The IT Security and Compliance Systems Programming Sr. Analyst will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of vulnerabilities at an Enterprise level. S/he will conduct analysis of information technology auditing and assist in developing and implementing processes to increase efficiency and accuracy of vulnerability remediation. In addition, perform auditing and compliance activities to validate established policies are being followed. S/he should possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to work with IT Leadership. Tasks include providing gap analysis between security policies/standards/regulations and security best practices. Assist with establishing, documenting, and managing processes to accomplish IT compliance with vulnerability management. Working with SDGs to establish priorities for process improvements to mitigate risk. Analyze UPS data protection needs and ensure secure solutions and process improvements are implemented. Develop and create ad-hoc vulnerability management reports. Track and provide reporting for critical security incidents on a weekly basis.
Additional duties include:
- IT leadership presentations and communications
- Oversight and management of UPS business entities
- Analyzes and assists in developing enterprise security governance processes
- Develops and analyzes enterprise security reports and track progress
- Executive Dashboard development
- Evaluates and Monitors Compliance Functions
- Drives Colleagues, Stakeholders, and Teams
- Manages and participates in Projects and tasks
- Assists in Managing Information Security Controls and Assessments
- Reports trends and patterns in a manner consumable for executive team
- Analyzes and identifies underlying issues from numerous data sources and create executive level reports
- Creates complex reports and dashboards via complex excel pivots, PowerBI and database tools
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Pivot, SQL)
- Project Management proficiency
- PowerBI development
- Strong critical thinking skills, able to not only proactively identify obstacles, but also able to provide possible solutions
- Strong analytical ability
- Organized and Time Management
- Multi-tasking - able to be actively engaged in multiple projects while meeting aggressive dates
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Windows / Linux / Network knowledge
- Candidate must have strong analytical and technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills, ability to successfully multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.