- Mahwah, New Jersey
- Facility: RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
- Job ID: 221348
- Zip Code: 07430
- Street Address: 340 MACARTHUR BLVD
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Mahwah, New Jersey
UPS is seeking a dynamic Information Technology (IT) Commodity Supervisor to support the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within assigned commodity.
The IT Commodity Supervisor procures products and services at the highest quality and best rate. He/she works with suppliers to understand and improve supplier process performance and quality, optimize supply chains, and ensure requisitioning and ordering processes are in place. The IT Commodity Supervisor coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers to negotiate or conduct reverse auctions to ensure the bid process is followed by Procurement Analysis. He/She analyzes the total Cost of Ownership to determine the most desirable and best method of purchase. The IT Commodity Supervisor works with cross-functional teams, conducts site visits and pre-bid and contract follow up meetings, and interviews as necessary to evaluate supplier products, services, and capabilities. He/She develops an expertise, with minimal supervision, in an assigned category through the industry and market, underlying cost factors and their effect on product quality and reliability in order to identify cost savings and/or quality improvement opportunities. The IT Commodity Supervisor formulates strategic sourcing initiatives for an assigned category in order to identify opportunities to optimize internal supply chain and market.
The IT Commodity Supervisor manages Cloud Computing (both private and public) and SaaS negotiation in IT Procurement and Telecommunications. He/She interacts with senior management level users from both the UPS business and UPS technology communities on a regular basis. The IT Commodity Supervisor works with internal and external counsel to identify and mitigate risk to UPS in cloud and SaaS agreements and Telecommunications. He/She leads all Cloud and SaaS and Telecommunications negotiations ensuring user’s needs are met in reasonable timeframes. The IT Commodity Supervisor establishes best practices for negotiating contracts and coaching and training Commodity Specialists and administrative/technical employees to effectively participate in negotiations and assist in managing related contracts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works to complete spend analysis to use for bidding process
- Understands supplier relationships, performance measures, and incentives, and creates plans for achieving identified savings
- Resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs
- Assesses and validates customer needs and expectations (e.g., conducts research, evaluates resources, makes sourcing recommendations, etc.) to ensure that the right products or services are delivered on time, and at the right price
- Drafts contracts based on UPS standards, vendor proposals, and UPS requirements to secure deals with vendors
- Modifies standard contracts based on commercial and technical needs and vendor proposal to develop contractual requirements for final acceptance
- Works with outside counsel to write and negotiate project specific contracts for highly visible, high dollar value contracts
- Develops position papers to highlight commercial and contractual issues and concerns, and determines project and contractual goals
- Prepares contract summaries, risk analysis documents, and recommendations for management to execute binding agreements and justify the commercial viability of recommendations
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure ethical and fair business practices
Knowledge and Skills
- Understands and assesses current and future customer business needs, and defines project requirements
- Measures requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results, and sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Understands and appreciates impact of global and cultural diversity on business
- Demonstrates a variety of negotiation techniques and understands each party's objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pre-Law, Supply Chain Management, Political Science or Business Administration
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) - Preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, etc.) - Preferred
- Experience in Oracle , Ariba systems and Coupa - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.