- Mahwah, New Jersey
- Facility: RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
- Job ID: 217480
- Zip Code: 07430
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Mahwah, New Jersey
If you’re looking to make an impact with your analytical skills, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a Procurement Analyst who works with cross-functional teams to provide analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives.
The Procurement Analyst conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for a specific commodity or commodities. He/She also assists with improvements to current processes as well as the implementation of new processes to maximize efficiencies.
The Procurement Analyst provides user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within Procurement Services. He/She may also develop and maintain relationships with UPS customers and vendors. Additionally, the Procurement Analyst would work closely with multiple functions as both a contributing member of the team and as an observer, with the intention of learning the procurement process at a more detailed level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps to develop category implementation plans to ensure continuous process improvement
- Creates complex spreadsheets, documents, reports and presentations using e-procurement tools
- Reviews and updates supplier catalogs for accuracy to support the buying function
- Maintains and contributes to weekly and monthly reporting
- Supports Buyers in their daily functions as needed
- Performs economic research and prepares analyses (e.g., negotiable spend, supplier financial analysis, Total Cost of Ownership, financial models, etc.) to identify qualified suppliers and evaluate supplier reliability
- Supports team in identifying ways to reduce costs through competitive sourcing initiatives
- Supports and enforces Procurement policies to ensure compliance
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled at identifying basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department and business unit results; demonstrates ability to use multiple methods to measure performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Understands basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Recognizes basic impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technological barriers; maintains appropriate technological knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Experience with vendor sourcing – Preferred
- Experience with negotiations – Preferred
- Experience with contract management – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.