Franchise Consultant WisconsinMinneapolis Primary Location: 3312 Broadway NE , MADISON, WI - United States, 53711 Facility Minneapolis Job ID 264537
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S. and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The UPS Store (TUPSS) Franchise Consultant is responsible for supporting and educating Franchisees. He/She engages with the franchisee to optimize revenues and profitability as well as ensure consistency and compliance in meeting operational brand standards and requirements, through coaching and counseling. This position conducts store (center) visits to verify proper procedures are being performed and identifies potential opportunities for growth and then creates actionable plans for improvement.
TUPSS Franchise Consultant assists The UPS Store Franchisees with center transfer of ownership, center relocations, new store build-outs, store placements, and franchise renewals. He/She supports and assists with organizational initiatives to maintain franchisee accountability and network consistency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilizes “best practices” approach in executing operational improvements, training, merchandising, marketing, prospecting and overall franchise management to improve revenue
- Assists in planning and conducting networking meetings and activities to improve store profitability through training and networking with vendors and other Franchisees
- Trains and coaches Franchisees in effective pricing of products and service by utilizing financial benchmarks and understanding markup vs margin concepts
- Schedules store owners for TUPSS training to ensure understanding of policies, procedures, roles, and responsibilities
- Assists in new center build-outs, center remodels, transfer and renewal upgrades to ensure the contractor completes work according to UPS specifications
- Acts as liaison between The UPS Store, Inc. and UPS, vendors, Area Franchisees and the Franchisee by serving as the primary point of contact to provide answers for concerns and questions
Knowledge and Skills
- Meeting Facilitation: Ability to speak in front of an audience. Applies knowledge of creative facilitation techniques to encourage participation; encourages open communication and achieves consensus when necessary; keeps participants engaged and on topic; identifies team conflicts and is able to provide feedback
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks
- Franchise Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of franchise organization structures and relationships; understands franchise products and services and how they relate to corporate profitability; understands royalty streams and funds transferal (from Franchise to Area Franchise to The UPS Store); demonstrates a basic understanding of the relationship between UPS and The UPS Store as wholly owned subsidiary
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, etc.) - Preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks Software - Preferred
- Experience in print production and/or print sales - Preferred
- 2 years’ experience with The UPS Store - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.