Strategic Sourcing Specialist
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Job ID: 314157
- Zip Code: 40213
- Street Address: 740 GRADE LANE
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
- Louisville, Kentucky
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Department: Strategic Sourcing – AMDC, 740 Grade Lane
Days: Monday – Friday Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
UPS is seeking a dynamic Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our Airline Procurement Strategic Sourcing Team. The Strategic Sourcing team plays a vital role in the compliance, development, and execution of initiatives to support the UPS Airline. In this position you will be tasked with supporting, collaborating, and engaging cross functional teams to accomplish project milestones and targets.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist position will help support and manage the procurement of all goods and services required by UPS Airline functions for operational and strategic purposes. As a part of the Procurement Team, you’ll assist in supporting contracts and managing relationships for both internal stakeholders and suppliers. This position will help with sourcing needs, creating, reviewing, and negotiating contractual arrangements through project planning, project execution, and strategic advising.
- Interface between internal stakeholders and suppliers in a competitive environment.
- Project Management and Support of Airline contractual needs.
- Create, administer, and analyze Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Quote (RFQ), Requests for Proposal (RFP) proposals.
- Present recommendations to leadership and stakeholders, revise solutions and recommendations as required to meet business needs and overall value.
- Engage in negotiation of commercial terms with suppliers.
- Must be organized, able to handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be self-accountable to obtain quality results.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree or 3+ years’ work experience in Procurement, Finance & Accounting, Airline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with project management and tracking.
- Ability to lead groups of various functions.
- Negotiation skills.
- Recommend having knowledge of UPS maintenance and flight operations.
Active listening, detail-oriented, coordination, and collaboration skills.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law