Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor (Healthcare)Louisville Park- UPS SCS Primary Location: 2240 OUTERLOOP BUILDING 5 , LOUISVILLE, KY - United States, 40219 Facility Louisville Park- UPS SCS Job ID 264808
The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor serves as the engineering subject matter expert for the original process development, implementation, training, and deployment for large scale new customer projects. This position provides project management support to multiple highly complex new customer process origination projects. He/She trains staff on the newly developed processes and standards to ensure post implementation success and continued process improvement. The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor is a senior Industrial Engineer with experience in work measurement, methods and procedures, operations research, finance, information system modeling, and statistical analysis layout in a distribution environment. This position may coordinate work of other engineers, and supervises others within the department.
The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor collaborates with Solutions and BD on large and complex new business implementations. He/She serves as a resource to departments for operational problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement for organic growth opportunities. This position consults with and guides division managers on desired action steps to improve operating results in all areas of the operation. The Sr. Lead Engineering Supervisor determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans. He/She works with division managers to set operations strategies for improving cost and service levels.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Recommends adjustments to ensure the solutions incorporate and accurate scope of work.
- Coordinates with other internal business groups on deals involving multiple projects to ensure an effective solution is developed.
- Performs cost benefit analyses to ensure effective use of UPS resources and maximum return-on-investment.
- Creates functional design requirements to define how the application will perform.
- Assists with validation of planned versus actual task completion to determine project impacts.
- Supervises project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end.
- Assists in development of project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Develops and maintains work measurement for all operations to support all necessary operating plans and reflect current normal conditions.
- Works with Operations to develop a shift plan (i.e., schedule that defines the shifts, area of coverage, specific work, and movements needed within a specified parameter), which supports both operation and customer requirements.
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Estimation and Forecasting Knowledge: Specifies facts, research, and perspectives necessary to make projections; analyzes statistics and qualitative information within specified parameters; researches trends and conditions used to make projections.
- Physical Assets Management: Applies a working knowledge of physical asset management and allocation, including financial and operational impact; calculates the value or depreciation of standard physical assets; identifies problems with physical assets and/or potential concerns with the management of physical assets.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Design: Identifies common problems with current work designs; specifies requirements for new work designs; modifies or adjusts existing work methods, processes, and flows to resolve operations failures.
- Bachelor’s degree – Industrial Engineering - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.