Sr. Design Engineer of Healthcare Warehouse
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Experienced
The New Business Engineering Team is a global department within the UPS Healthcare Business Unit. The department supports the UPS Healthcare Sales Team growth targets by developing distribution services operational designs and pricing structures for new and existing business opportunities, within our cGMP facilities.
We are seeking a qualified, motivated individual to join our team of engineers to design Healthcare/GMP Specific facilities. As part of the team, you will create operating plans, storage designs for Hazmat and non-hazmat product within ambient, cooler, freezer, cage, and vault storage. You will also use propriety tools in designing labor & financial models to support receiving/put away/pick, pack, and ship along with special pack out requirements for cold chain or DEA regulated product. The team regularly interacts with Quality, Compliance, Legal, Operations, Finance, and Marketing during our design approval process.
The individual will also be responsible for complex, multi-site and multi–geography opportunities utilizing existing and emerging technologies that help UPS Healthcare maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace. As a Senior Engineer we are looking for the individual to assist in expanding the team knowledge, challenging the status quo among partner groups, while maintaining an exceptional level of quality and ownership in their work through self-governance.
- Works with the project managers to identify customer business requirements
- Synthesizes customer data and solutions needs utilizing Access, Excel, or other data analysis tools
- Incorporates Healthcare regulatory and industry knowledge when building a new Solution
- Builds Work Measurements, equipment, and space plans specific to the new business opportunity Generates and analyzes warehousing and distribution pricing models
- Creates 2D/3D designs to illustrate the solution created
- Leads/Participates in internal and external solutions reviews seeking feedback and/or approval
- Writes Proposals, Contract documents and responses via Lucid Chart, Visio, Word
- Leads team process improvement initiatives
- Helps Train new team members and potential for direct reports (Interns, Co-Ops)
- Utilizes knowledge, technology investigation to provide the best Return on Investment for our clients
- Project Management Skills and Communication, Time Management and Organizational skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of physical asset design; identifies problems or issues with current physical assets; modifies or adjusts existing physical asset designs; recommends physical asset specifications
- Demonstrates experience with technology including but not limited to AMRs, AGVs, Conveyance types, Robotic arms, Scanners, Put walls, etc.
- Demonstrates understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems
- Demonstrates knowledge of common financial terms and calculations
- Demonstrates an understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives
- Demonstrates experience of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Identifies/creates routine and complex work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Teams, OneNote, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) & AUTOCAD
- Experience in IE or Supply Chain Solution Design and Development (4 to 6 years’ experience preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Business Administration, or related field
- Understanding of Warehouse Managment Systems (WMS) design and functionality
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
SCS Healthcare Logistics Warehouse Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
after 30 days
Air Conditioned Workplace
Light Industrial work
UPS Healthcare in Louisville
When the pandemic hit, Rebekah and her team put in long hours to deliver what matters: 50 million COVID-19 test kits.
Learn about our Technology Enabled Network for Healthcare shipments, helping to deliver hope.