Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Facility: Louisville Tech Center
- Job ID: 227094
- Zip Code: 40219
- Street Address: 2200 Outer Loop, Ste 100
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- Louisville, Kentucky
Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Information Security at UPS Technology:
Our top-notch Information Security team quickly finds and responds to real time threats. These critical-thinkers have a hunger to keep ahead of new exploits and security trends. As a part of UPS InfoSec, you’ll continue to uphold our reputation for integrity in this growing and ever-changing field.
About this role:
The Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst engages in the identification, tracking, monitoring, containment and mitigation of information security threats. He/She performs quality assurance functions to validate existing methods of research are successful in identifying and documenting security incidents. This position defines procedures for analysis and makes adjustments as technologies and methodologies advance.
The Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst:
- Assesses, prioritizes and takes action on requests that improve existing Security Operation Center (SOC) tools and procedures
- Partners with management to coordinate security incident response efforts to communicate information, drive resource actions and decisions, provide recommendations, and ensure resolution
- Evaluates and analyzes complex malicious code through the use of tools including disassemblers, debuggers, hex editors, un-packers, virtual machines and network sniffers
- Conducts reverse-engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Investigates instances of malicious code to determine attack vector and payload, and to determine the extent of damage and data exfiltration
- Performs research in the area of malicious software, vulnerabilities, and exploitation tactics, and recommend preventative or defensive actions
- Produces reports detailing attributes and functionality of malware, and indicators that can be used for malware identification/detection, to include behavior, identified infrastructure used for command and control, and mitigation techniques
- Analyses the relationship between a given sample of malware and other known samples/families of malware, and notable features that indicate the origin or sophistication of the malware and its authors
The Candidate must have:
- 2 to 3 years' experience as Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst including Incident Response and Handling roles
- Experience in Malware Reverse Engineering and Sandboxing
- Experience with IBM QRadar
- Significant experience with Linux, TCP/IP, UNIX, MS-Windows, IP Routing, Firewalls and IPS
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats
- Demonstrated experience using Open Source (OllyDbg, Radare, GDB, etc.) malware analysis tools
- Ability to analyze shellcode, and packed and obfuscated code, and their associated algorithms
- Ability to develop network and host based signatures to identify specific malware. Recommend heuristic or anomaly based detection methods
- Subject matter expertise in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware
- Experience with Information Security Research, Malware Reverse Engineering, Cyber Threat Analysis, Windows Operating System and Data Analysis
- Knowledge of Research skills, Technical Writing, Information Security Research, Security Incident Response, Security Risk Assessment/Analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.