Senior Operations Research Analytics DeveloperAIR GROUP BUILDING Primary Location: LOUISVILLE, KY - United States Facility AIR GROUP BUILDING Job ID 224705 Zip Code 40223
The Operation Research (OR) group within UPS creates software and algorithms that model and refine business processes within the company. The cross-functional team of developers and research analysts strives to identify new technologies and approaches to improve the efficiency, reliability, and profitability of the UPS transportation network. The group achieves its goals through technical expertise paired with strong collaboration and creative problem solving skills.
The OR group is seeking a Senior OR Analytics Developer, and welcomes versatile software developers with initiative and interest in tackling business problems to apply and join the team. This is a great opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects that directly impact the future competitiveness of UPS!
This position is available to candidates in Kentucky and Maryland.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Builds and support new and existing tools/processes to support our goals of implementing optimized solutions to impact UPS business goals
- Participates in the full SDLC, requiring the abilities to: analyze, design, code, test, and prototype proof-of-concept programs ranging in all levels of complexity
- Works in .NET Windows Forms, Java, C++, Python, and Perl in both Windows and Linux environments
- Confers with other business groups to gather requirements, understand required data sources, and gather other items needed for success
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- 1+ years of C++ and STL experience
- 1+ years of operating within Linux/Unix server environment (development, scripting and maintenance)
- 1+ years of SQL experience (Oracle, MySql, MSSQL, etc.)
- Strong ability to understand and maintain others’ code
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Java, C#, Python, Perl, or similar
- Experience with OO Analysis and Design
- Good communication skills
- Interested in learning new things
- Interested in algorithms and data analytics
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc. - Preferred
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc. - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.