Senior Database Analyst
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 235444
- Zip Code: 40222
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Senior Database Analyst
- Louisville, Kentucky
UPS is seeking an experienced Sr. Database Analyst to support Software Developers, Database Architects, Data Analysts and Data Scientists across multiple projects. He/She supports multiple data integration initiatives and ensures data processes are developed and maintained under a consistent architecture. The Sr. Database Analyst is responsible for the design, development, and optimization of overall data pipeline architecture, while working with cross-functional teams. If you are looking for an exciting technology career, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates and maintains optimal data pipeline architecture and ETL processes
- Assembles, cleans, and transforms large complex datasets that meets business requirements
- Identifies, designs, and implements internal data process improvements via the automation of manual processes, optimizing process performance, and optimizing data delivery in a continuous and iterative manner
- Builds overall infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources utilizing multiple formats
- Builds analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline in order to provide actionable insights into key areas such as customer acquisition and operational efficiency
- Collaborates closely with Business Users, Subject Matter Experts, and IT on data sources, data formats, and business rules needed to support Trans. Analytics & OR initiatives and projects
- Creates innovative data tools for Data Science and Analytics team members in an effort to assist with building and optimizing solutions
- Collaborates closely with data analytics experts in order to derive maximum value from our data
Knowledge and Skills
- Adaptable to shifting priorities in an agile development environment
- Ability to collaborate with peers on technical matters to determine optimal solutions, including close engagement with business users on business rules and issues with the end goal of developing a production quality implementation
- Ability to work with project teams to establish creation and automation of data QA procedures for optimization and ETL processes
- Exhibits passion for problem-solving and persistence to continually pursue a problem until a resolution is reached
- Expert knowledge with relational database design, data normalization, and best practices
- Expert knowledge with developing applications and performing descriptive data analysis using Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong T-SQL development skills involving the writing of moderate to complex stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers, views, and common table expressions (CTE’s) (expertise with PL/SQL will be considered in lieu of less than expert knowledge with T-SQL)
- Expert knowledge with SSIS (experience with other ETL tools such as Informatica will be considered in lieu of less than expert knowledge with SSIS)
- Expert ability to optimize ETL processes for timely completion and minimization of server resources
- Expert ability to implement the logging of tasks inside an ETL process for the purpose of progress monitoring and QA
- Ability to create detailed documentation regarding data elements, database schema, and ETL processes
- Experience using an object-oriented programming language (e.g., C#, Java, or C++)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Couchbase) - Preferred
- Experience with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) - Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server OLAP services - Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.