Plant Engineering Integrations SpecialistLouisville Operations Primary Location: LOUISVILLE, KY - United States Facility Louisville Operations Job ID 192147 Zip Code 40219
Are you looking for an opportunity to move your Engineering career forward? UPS is seeking a Plant Engineering (PE) Integrations Specialist to install, integrate and perform test scripts on plant floor technologies. He/she provides third-level phone and field support and travels to facilities to install systems, evaluate performance and ensure all requirements and standards are met.
The PE Integrations Specialist provides system training and support during startups and works with his/her supervisor to direct onsite consultants and vendors. He/she maintains complete and accurate site details (e.g., system compliance test results, system configurations, version control, training, etc.) in accordance with departmental guidelines and standards. The PE Integrations Specialist must be able to work a flexible travel schedule and hours.
In addition to working cross-functionally to integrate a wide variety of system components, the PE Integrations Specialist works onsite with vendors, consultants, electrical and mechanical contractors and local cross-functional teams to meet project objectives with regards to system functionality, performance and reliability. He/she analyzes performance metrics to ensure performance and standards adherence and provides onsite system technical support training for local engineers, technicians and operators. The PE Integrations Specialist also facilitates calls from sites to resolve both immediate needs and chronic system issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Dispatches and oversees outside service vendors through physical inspections to ensure quality of work
- Orders equipment and parts from vendors, oversees payment processes; maintains equipment inventory and project schedules
- Works with project team to fully understand business requirements
- Works cross-functionally to integrate a wide variety of system components
- Performs pre-determined tests to validate end-to-end functionality
- Reviews training materials to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Conducts on-the-job and formal training to instruct end-users on proper usage of solutions
- Researches all available information and gathers data to analyze system issues and recommend solutions
- Communicates with management teams on all support-related issues
- Documents system issues and resolutions to prevent reoccurrences
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of database design principles; identifies user requirements; understands importance of maintaining and updating databases
- Demonstrates basic need for technical support and understanding of enterprise systems
- Identifies business problems that require research and sources information relevant to problem; reviews literature/data related to research question; summarizes information
- Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan and one's role within a project; participates in implementation; provides timely, thorough and concise updates; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to project manager
- Communicates quality assurance methodology and explains desired outcomes of testing; identifies steps in project lifecycle
- Demonstrates basic understanding of a business problem; recommends solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Engineering or Computer Science – Preferred
- Experience with Linux-based operating system environments – Preferred
- Experience with system communications protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP IP, HTTP, FTP, SFTP, USB, MODBUS TCP, RS 232/485, XMPP, etc.) – Preferred
- Experience with Systems Integration of Material Handling Systems (CCD cameras, laser scanners, programmable logic controllers, embedded control devices and other peripherals) – Preferred
- Experience with automation technologies – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.