Midrange Console Operator
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Varies based on position
Midrange Console Operator
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
The Midrange Console Operator provides second-level support for local and remote Worldport, Airline and Transportation systems for users on applications, hardware and software. Daily activities will include:
- Incident management – logging, communication, escalation, resolution, root cause and trending
- Event management/facilitation through resolution - proactive monitoring of the IT systems in the 24 x 7 Worldport / Airline / Transportation environments
- Perform system checks - responsibilities of the Worldport Computer room and performing the beginning-of-day/end-of-day environment administration for the Critical Sort Systems.
- Deliver technical support over the phone in a second-level proactive monitoring / resolution environment.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply complex technical information and processes. Must be able to write/type technical details via corporate tracking tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with TCIP/IP, Windows Operating System, MS Office Products, LAN Administration, NAS, Client Server Architecture, and Citrix
- Familiarity with SQL Programming and Oracle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
The work schedule for this role is: Friday – Monday 07:00 – 17:30
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)