Maintenance MechanicLouisville (1860 Outer Loop) Primary Location: LOUISVILLE, KY - United States Facility Louisville (1860 Outer Loop) Job ID 191706 Zip Code 40219
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to perform comprehensive, multi-level technical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs. The candidate will ensure compliance with all preventive maintenance programs guaranteeing a safe and efficient operation.
- Set up and operate a variety of case handling machines and conveyors.
- Fit and assemble parts to fabricate or repair machines and conveyors.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of parts required.
- Dismantle machines, conveyors or equipment to examine parts for defects.
- Replace defective part(s) and repairs/reproduces part from various kinds of stock.
- Assemble and test machines and conveyors to verify correction of malfunction.
- Maintain and lubricate machines, conveyor tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety guidelines when performing maintenance functions.
- Maintain logs on the history of all repairs and preventive maintenance by equipment type.
- Communicate internally with Plant Engineering management, employees and managers.
- May work extended hours, as required by operational needs, 24/7 On-Call Status.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints and other technical/mechanical diagrams.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.