Internal Audit Intern
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Facility: AIR GROUP BUILDING
- Job ID: 277722
- Zip Code: 40223
- Street Address: 1400 N. HURSTBORNE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Internal Audit Intern
- Louisville, Kentucky
UPS is seeking an Intern/Co-Op to assist with various UPS Airline Finance & Accounting audits pertaining to risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and internal controls in medium and high complexity areas.
The Corporate Internal Audit Intern – Airline F&A will collaborate with various management levels regarding projects that contribute to the success of the team. He/She will need to utilize various disciplines, specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to assist with various projects, presentations, and business improvement opportunities. This position will support management with the completion of audit programs and the development of methodologies for testing and reporting on areas of concern, as well as other career related responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist management with the development of standardized audit workpapers
- Participate in audit testing for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Corporate Process Review F&A Audits
- Participate in the risk assessment process, including compiling qualitative and quantitative data and interpreting results through data analytics
- Assist with finalizing and communicating audit reports
- Analyze internal processes to identify control strengths and weaknesses
- Ensure adherence to the department’s internal standards for regulatory compliance and aviation security audits
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to keep process documentation (e.g., narratives, audit work papers, etc.) updated
- Review audit processes (e.g., process maps, narratives and control point listings, etc.) to ensure documentation is current and to identify any gaps in test procedures
- Utilize technology-based applications to perform analytical reviews
- Assist with general business responsibilities and duties
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems and utilizes critical analysis skills
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related business field
- Possesses a familiarity with Microsoft products and has a good understanding of MS Access and Excel
- Possesses a familiarity with SQL, Power BI, and Tableau applications
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law