Global Brokerage Engineering OE SupervisorCUSTOM HOUSE BROKERAGE LOUISVILLE, KY - United States Facility CUSTOM HOUSE BROKERAGE Job ID 189634 Zip Code 40218
Global Brokerage Operational Excellence Engineering Supervisor
The Global Brokerage Operational Excellence Engineering Supervisor works with engineering departments to develop, implement, and deploy approved operational processes and best practices consistently for brokerage across the globe. He/She will train global brokerage international region I.E. resources in the approved processes and standards for work measurement. This position will assist the global brokerage international regions in special reengineering or new projects, as necessary. The Global Brokerage Operational Excellence Engineering Supervisor may take a lead role in planning and execution of large project implementations or training initiatives. He/She may also manage other subject matter experts to ensure timelines and project deliverables are met and develop Web Application training material. This position may also be responsible for coordinating training efforts in field training. This position may supervise others.
- Analyzes current operating plan to determine opportunities for improving the operations process and workflow
- Develops and deploys best practices across international regions to ensure consistenet high quality customer service.
- Develops solutions to operational issues and provides recommendations to improve operations.
- Coordinates with process writers to create training documents
- Works with operations management team to implement changes in the operations to reach desired cost reduction and service improvements.
- Develops monthly reports as needed to conduct operational analysis
- Assists in performing variance analysis of plans to identify areas where targeted projections are not being obtained
- Supports requests from internal groups (e.g., Operations, UPS Shared Services, etc.) to provide analysis on various issues (e.g., productivity, volume trends, service, etc.).
- Report daily/weekly trends (e.g., historical volume, staffing, & hours service, etc), develop volume projections and forecast future resource needs
- Develop business plans in relation to volume, staffing, hours, and productivity and service.
- Update forecasts to ensure validity and assess the impact of forecasts on business plans
- Assumes project management responsibilities and conducts financial analysis when required.
- Maintains self-development, communications, and reporting.
- Researches UPS’s products and services.
- Identifies issues that require training or re-training to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Provides training to management for implementation of new procedures, processes, services, and technology to maintain operational effectiveness.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferred.
- Experience in industrial engineering or similar role in logistics environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent composition and creative writing skills
- Knowledge of processes, procedures, and flow diagrams
- Project Management experience is preferred
- International business experience is preferred.
- Brokerage knowledge of Freight and Package Clearance Systems preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.