GBS Billing Inquiry Associate
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Job ID: 324241
- Zip Code: 40218
- Street Address: 1930 BISHOP LANE
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
GBS Billing Inquiry Associate
- Louisville, Kentucky
UPS Global Business Services (GBS) is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Billing Inquiry Associate to assist our valued customers. Does this sound like your ideal opportunity? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Billing Inquiry Associate is responsible for assisting customers and researching and responding to inquiries concerning their bill. He/She also researches and processes adjustments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicates extensively via email/telephone with internal and external customers to resolve domestic and international issues
- Initiates inquiries to customers regarding monies owed for international or domestic shipments
- Performs account analysis and credit control activities
- Maintains customer receivable accounts, as needed
- Identifies, researches, and resolves any errors or customer disputes
- Edits billing-related information, updates customer invoicing, and ensures proper support documentation is included
- Creates and processes manual billing entries
- Adds and maintains customer account information and requirements within various billing systems
- Processes customer payments
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and professional presentation skills with ability to respond to questions
- Detail oriented with thorough understanding of applicable billing procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Analytical with problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Prior customer service experience
- Knowledge of world geography - Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law