- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position influences the development and implementation of Information Technology (I.T.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. He/She aligns technical solutions with business needs. This position assists in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture. The Applications Architect will support many mission-critical UPS Airlines systems. He/She must have confidence in their designs and be able to sell them effectively. Character is as important as skills, and the ideal candidate will be able to quickly meld onto the team. Architecture experience is desired, but not mandatory. However, an understanding of the architecture practice is needed.
Will consider candidates from the following I.T. Campus locations: NJ, MD, GA & KY
- Responsible for the design and understanding of UPS Airlines Flight Systems
- Collaborates with Applications Development teams, Infrastructure groups, and other architects.
- Uses advanced networking skills to help facilitate solutions and implementations for customers.
- Prepares and participates in all facets of the UPS SAR process, including the development of necessary artifacts, and presents to management teams and governing bodies to sell ideas and designs.
- Assists in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture based on business needs.
- Leverages data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of capability frameworks at portfolio and enterprise levels.
- Supports project life cycle with emphasis on the initiation, feasibility, and analysis phases.
- 5+ years’ experience in architecture or applications development
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Experience with developing software solutions & web services
- Understanding of Information Security practices, database design principles, cloud base solutions, UPS.com systems & business capabilities
- Experience in DevOps and Agile
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team player and servant leader. You will join a strong team that has each other's backs, builds character, educates and mentors, meets commitments, self-motivates, and likes to have fun.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent in Computer Science or related field - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.Learn More
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)