Aircraft Engineer - Avionics
Job Title: Aircraft Engineer
Department: Avionics Engineering – Louisville, KY
Days: Monday – Friday Hours: 8:00am – 5:30pm Hours per Week: 45
UPS Airlines is one of the largest international cargo airlines in the world servicing over 800 destinations worldwide. We are a Customer First, People Led, Innovation Driven company. We offer opportunities for both Experienced and Entry Level Aircraft Engineers. Candidates will work primarily in an office environment with opportunities to travel and offer worldwide engineering support. Examples include assignments with aircraft maintenance facilities and other locations as required to support project activity. UPS Aircraft Engineers regularly interface with Boeing, Airbus, various component manufacturers, repair & overhaul facilities, and other outside agencies.
As an Aircraft Avionics Engineer for UPS Airlines, you will develop engineering solutions that support implementation of safety, reliability and airworthiness policies and procedures. You will be challenged to develop cost-effective standards and recommendations that meet company aircraft specifications through coordination and collaboration with component and aircraft manufacturers.
You will have the opportunity to use your engineering skills and judgment to develop aircraft and component repairs/modifications, as well as work with manufacturers to improve overall aircraft reliability as a project manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Aircraft Modifications and Maintenance:
- Avionics Engineers for UPS Airlines have opportunities to design repair schemes for wiring, components, and other electrical aspects. You will utilize your analytical skills and electrical aptitude while working directly with our maintenance team and vendors.
- You will manage, track, and implement certification approvals from beginning to end. This will include obtaining proper funding to accomplish assigned projects.
- You will develop solutions to reduce cost. Examples include alternate repairs, material approvals and technological improvements.
- Reviewing FAA and International Regulations for applicability to UPS:
- For all applicable regulations, you will act as project manager and obtain funding to accomplish the requirements. You will also create technical work instructions for accomplishment within required timelines in order to maintain airworthiness compliance.
- Reliability project development and implementation:
- Review and analyze aircraft data to determine areas where aircraft reliability can be improved via aircraft and component modifications, maintenance procedural changes or other actions required.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Electrical, Aerospace, or other equivalent engineering degree.
- Minimum of one (1) year of technical experience.
- Ability to work different shifts, which can include nights and weekends when required.
- Legally Authorized to permanently work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Will not require sponsorship in order to maintain employment visa status.
- Engineer Level I: Meet the Required Skills as listed.
- Engineer Level II: Meet the Required Skills as listed and have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Proficiency in technical analysis and working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations or certification requirements.
- Prior Airline or Maintenance Repair Overhaul Facility experience.
Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work well with other team members. Must be able to demonstrate clear verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task, and have a hands-on approach to projects.
Federal Aviation Administration required Drug Testing Information (FAA):
As part of the UPS pre-employment process for a safety sensitive position, a drug screen is required. UPS Must receive a negative test result before you can be put into a safety sensitive position (14 CFR Part 120.107)
Please be advised that you will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.109(a)(5) and 14 CFR 120 Subpart E to determine the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids-hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law