Air Operations Support Technician I
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Air Operations Support TSG Technician I
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
Job Summary: The AOS Technician provides support for all technology activities in the Global Operations Center and is committed to prompt resolution of all technical related issues within the Flight Operations “Core” area. The AOS Technician provides support for all campus technical activities and is responsible for timely resolution of assigned SMC events.
Job Description: Identifies and resolves technical issues and provides user support for, desktop and laptop computers, tablets, cellular phones, and Audio-Video Equipment. Performs troubleshooting to resolve computer hardware, software, and network problems. Escalates to the next level as needed. Daily activities will include technical problem resolution, follow-up, and documentation in Service Now. Job involves the imaging, moving and replacement of workstations, and peripherals, including data transfer and cable management.
Work hours are Saturday – Tuesday 6:00am – 4:30pm with a 15-minute Flex Start. Holiday and Peak Support coverage may require change in work schedule.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Technology support experience, equivalent education or pursuing education or certification
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of PC Hardware and Software
- Must be able to think analytically and have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to physically move computer equipment
- Ability to interact and work well together in a team environment
- Must have the ability to perform with a fast-paced operation
- Must be a self-starter and have a positive attitude
- Basic Knowledge of Airline and Flight operations applications
- UPS recognized technical certifications
- Basic understanding of Corporate Hardware and Software Standards processes
- Basic understanding of the Change and Problem facilitation process
- Basic understanding of the Computer Facilities SNAPUP process
- Knowledge of both LAN Network and Wireless LAN Networks (more specifically switches and Access Points).
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.Learn More
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)