2024 Industrial Engineering Summer Intern (Flex Location)
- Los Angeles, California
- Level: Varies based on position
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
We are the obstacle overcomers, and problem get-arounders. From figuring it out, to getting it done, our culture demands "yes and how". We don’t only move packages, we move data, innovation and ideas. We are UPS... the United Problem Solvers!
An Industrial Engineering Intern at UPS works on targeted projects individually, or in small teams. Projects require operational observations, data collection, cross functional communication, and problem solving. All completed projects will be presented to the Industrial Engineering staff upon completion.
Responsibilities and Duties
Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Work measurement in Master Standard Data (MSD)
- Cost benefit analysis
- Process improvement analysis
- Operational planning
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and/or Engineering related discipline
- Effective statistical analysis skills
- Effective research and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity and dedication to getting results
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively across business units
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the internship or willing to relocate yourself
- Current student enrolled in a degreed college/university program, or recent graduate from a degreed college/university program within the past 24 months
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
Pay Range Estimate: $15.10 - $38.08 per hour
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location and education. The pay rate will be finalized at offer.
- Pay Transparency on Job Postings – Reminder
- Some states and/or cites require employers to display salary ranges & benefit details on job descriptions and it is important for our team to ensure we are remaining compliant in our job postings. All reference materials related to pay transparency laws, verbiage to include in job definitions, etc. can be found in the attachment above.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
Industrial Engineers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Tackle Complex Global Challenges
Use Your Unique Perspective to Solve Problems
Be Part of a Smart, Driven Community
Contribute on a Team with a Work Hard/Play Hard Mentality