SCS Plant Engineering SpecialistLondonderry Primary Location: LONDONDERRY, NH - United States Facility Londonderry Job ID 196682 Zip Code 03053
The Plant Engineering (PE) Specialist supports the protection of UPS assets, facilities, equipment, and grounds. He/She assists with maintaining facility environmental compliance, conveyor system reliability, housekeeping, and facility safety. The PE Specialist manages small projects and oversees the work of outside contractors. This position creates and drafts package handling systems. He/She drafts conveyor design options using computerized drawing software (i.e., AutoCAD), computes cost estimates of design alternatives, and documents the design process. The P.E. Specialist is also responsible for supporting the Systems Design Project Engineer in communicating the design options to internal stakeholders. He/She assists in creating mechanical/electrical design drawings to bid for outside contracts, producing
mechanical/electrical standards, updating the Plant Engineering (PE) website, and providing Computer Aided Drafting (AutoCAD) maintenance support to the other engineering groups. This is an entry-level position.
The P.E. Specialist communicates assigned work status to colleagues to determine potential impact on the department's schedule. He/She
manages the design review process of multiple projects to avoid delays in the final construction schedule. This position communicates the status of developing designs to Project Managers to coordinate upcoming and ongoing projects.
- Analyzes Industrial Engineering data to understand the parameters of projects and the business need for developing, expanding, or retrofitting conveyor systems.
- Assists Project Engineers in presenting design alternatives to the PE Feasibility Committee for their feedback and approval of options.
- Generates a set of feasibility drawings for each proposed solution to distribute to region/district stakeholders for their feedback and selection of appropriate conveyor systems.
- Generates feasibility cost estimates for each proposed solution to assist region/district stakeholders in their selection of appropriate conveyor systems.
- Reviews feasibility cost estimates with Project Engineers to elicit recommendations for making the designs more cost effective.
- Generates cost estimates of the final conveyor drawings to assist region/district stakeholders in requesting the allocation of resources from Corporate.
- Scans approved project drawings into a PDF format for distribution to the regions/districts, Corporate Coordinators, vendors, and other PE departments.
- Archives approved project documents to assist in the design process of future projects and for use in responding to questions that may arise.
- Creates compact discs of approved drawing files for the contract group to distribute to bidders.
- Manages the design review process of multiple projects to avoid delays in the final construction schedule.
- Conducts Research: Identifies the business problem that requires research; identifies sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; summarizes information from data sources.
- Equipment Repair Management: Describes types of equipment problems that can occur; identifies specifications of mechanical and technical equipment; explains repair techniques and tools.
- Facilities Equipment, and Grounds Maintenance: Identifies basic facility components requiring preventative maintenance; describes how to create preventative maintenance schedules.
- Facility Design: Identifies problems or inefficiencies with current buildings or plants; modifies or adjusts existing facility blueprints to resolve recurring building or plant failures; recommends new facility design specifications.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Physical Assets Management: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of physical asset management; identifies physical resources to meet business needs; describes the appropriate use of existing physical tools, equipment, and materials.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Technology Implementation: Able to communicate designed and developed technology solutions and their desired outcome in general terms; expresses the importance of an effective implementation; develops implementation plans.
- Bachelor’s degree - Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.