- Livonia, Michigan
- Facility: Livonia Hub
- Job ID: 209501
- Zip Code: 48150
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Livonia, Michigan
The Finance Specialist ensures that the company makes sound financial decisions. He/She analyzes and interprets client data or identifies trends, which are used by senior managers to make strategic company decisions. This position prioritizes effectively, while also creating space for original thinking. The Finance Specialist works on multiple reports simultaneously, focusing on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
The Finance Specialist collaborates with a dynamic network of finance partners across the country to consult on planning and reporting. He/She assists others in understanding financial reports, graphs and charts and are trusted advisors for every facet of data and communication. He/She researches and interprets financial data to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help make the best possible decisions.
- Researches requested expenses and project trends for staff, division, business and center managers to ensure operation within budget guidelines.
- Assists in performing variance analysis of actual versus planned data to identify areas where targeted projections are not being obtained.
- Audits areas of concern (e.g., unusual cost, overtime hours, etc.) to ensure proper reporting occurs.
- Gathers and analyzes preliminary data for management team to help determine strategic direction for communicating information to the regions and districts.
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Business Administrating, Accounting, Finance, Economics – Preferred
- Experience with Auditing – Preferred
- Experience demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel and Access) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.