Part Time Warehouse Operative Nights (UK)Primary Location: Leyland, England - United Kingdom Job ID 055574 Zip Code PR25 2DS
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
- Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
- Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
- Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
- Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
- Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
- To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery’ parcels.
- Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Accurately follow written instructions.
- Attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced, pressurized environment.
- Willing to perform other duties as and when required.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you wish to contact UPS prior to applying for this position please email; email@example.com or call 0161 777 7613 for more details
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.