Human Resources SpecialistPrimary Location: Dewsbury, England - United Kingdom Other Location: Leeds Leeds-England-United Kingdom Job ID 054909 Zip Code WF12 9AP
Human Resources Specialist
Leeds, Wakefield and Dewsbury
It’s our people who have made UPS the largest parcel delivery service in the world – that means nearly400,000 colleagues worldwide.
We hire only people who will go the extra mile to deliver great service. We make sure UPS is a great place to work, where everyone is treated fairly. And we look after the health and wellbeing of each and every one of our colleagues. All of which makes Human Resources a vital part of our business.
Imagine taking full responsibility for HR at a number of UPS sites in the Location area, everything from recruitment and employee relations to long-term sick management. If you’re an experienced HR Specialist looking for variety and challenge in equal measure, this is the role for you. You’ll be travelling 3/4 days per week, so you’ll need a clean driving licence. As UPS is a 24-hours-a-day operation, a flexible approach is also a must.
In return, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefits including pension scheme and private medical insurance, plus discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions such as Alton Towers or The London Eye. Just as appealing will be our policy of promoting from within, which will mean first-class opportunities for career progression.
What you’ll do
• Deal with employee queries professionally and courteously, both over the phone and face to face
• Liaise with line managers to assess recruitment requirements – and decide how those requirements are to be met
• Interview external and internal candidates, and make selection decisions.
• Perform reference checks on applicants.
• Liaise with line managers over disciplinary matters, grievances and welfare meetings, providing advice as necessary
• Enter and update information in the HR computer system, and produce reports using Excel
What you’ll need
• Experience in a recruitment/HR role
• Excellent communication, admin, planning, organizational and prioritizing skills
• A flexible, friendly, professional and confident attitude
• Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced and targeted environment
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• High levels of self-motivation
• CIPD qualification preferred but not essential
How we recruit
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.