Broker - Brokerage, Small Package, Johannesburg, South AfricaPrimary Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng - ZA Job ID 055736 Zip Code 1619
The broker supports the day-to-day activities within Customs Brokerage operations. He/She delegates brokerage entry work and verifies the accurate completion of transactions. This position monitors processes for quality as well as compliance with customs regulations. He/She provides customer care by ensuring the timely disposition of freight and paperwork along with assisting in problem resolution.
- He / She will need to receive and collate customer paperwork that will be submitted to customs and other government authorities
- Understand the applicable Customs & Excise rules and legislation
- Apply the applicable Customs & Excise rules and legislation
- Ensure Compliance with all legislation related to international trade
- Process shipments to customs in accordance with SOP.
- Complete customs procedures and work with appointed routed agents and company operated services.
- Apply General Rule of Interpretation and Valuation methods
- Apply International Commercial Terms
- Prepare and provide documents to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment standard operating procedures.
- South African Residency Permit is a must
- Good administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills as this role is client facing and so customer care skills are very important.
- Well organized and able to deal with heavy workloads.
- Work as part of a team and so someone who is able to work with others but also work alone
- Good attention to detail, this includes continuously monitoring shipments from the point of receipt through to delivery.
- Must be familiar with computer programs like Microsoft Office and Liner Suite
- Must be familiar with Air Express/Courier Consignments
- Trade Qualification would be beneficial
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.