Industrial Engineering Supervisor (based in Jakarta)Primary Location: Jalan Raya Pasar Minggu No.60, Pejaten Timur, Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta , Jakarta, Jakarta - ID, 12510 Job ID 064669
Work Measurement Development
- Gathers data (e.g., distributions, forecasts, volume, etc.) necessary to develop work measurement for inside and on-road operations.
- Works with District Time Study Team to perform work sampling and update driver and other work measurement (i.e., new or existing processes).
- Data analysis and inputs data to develop work measurement for any operation.
Operating Plan Development
- Works with Industrial Engineering (I.E.)/Operations Manager to develop Master Operating Plans.
- Maintains data within operating plans as conditions change to keep operating plan updated and highlight areas for potential change.
- Identifies areas where operating plans may need adjustments to maintain current operating plans.
- Runs various programs (e.g., PKG Tools, E2K, Service Exception Analysis System [SEAS], etc.) to compile information and print statistical reports.
- Develops and maintains software, databases, and spreadsheets to assist I.E. with forecasting and work measurement development.
- Maintains reference documents (e.g., forecasts, operating plans, operational statistics tracking, etc.) for use by supervisors to determine the best use of operational time.
- Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from the I.E. management team to support operational analysis.
- Assists the I.E. Manager with gathering data required in the Vehicle Management Process to determine the number of vehicles needed.
Conducts Auditing and Control
- Ensures Work Measurement Control Log is updated and verifies the proper application of work measurement to ensure the accuracy of daily operations measures.
- Works with Finance and Accounting to ensure Center Standards Files are updated and match the current work measurement to maintain operation report accuracy and compliance.
- Conducts audits as needed (e.g., Feeder or Ground Schedules, Plan Day, Volume Reporting, Timecard Accuracy, Operating Plan, On-Time-Network [OTN], Hub Flows, etc.) to identify areas or processes that are out of compliance.
- Monitors package operations for adherence to the operating plans and identifies any areas out of compliance for review with the operations management.
- Identifies and records non-compliance exceptions and reviews them with managers to ensure compliance with Corporate, Region, and District policies.
- Works with operations management team to develop action plans and obtain commitments to address all non-compliance exceptions.
- Obtains commitments from impacted management for resolution of action items and conducts follow-up as needed.
- Works with operations management team to implement operational change commitments.
Conducts Operations Forecasting
- Reviews research and weekly trends (e.g., historical volume, marketing forecasts, recent economic data, etc.) and growth rates calculations to approve volume projections that impact operations and to forecast future asset needs.
- Develops annual staffing projections by week and by day of week for all feeder operations to provide a cost-effective operating plan.
- Provides short-range operations staffing forecasts to assist operations managers and Human Resources in developing hiring plans.
- Develops quarterly and yearly plans to forecast staffing, assets, and facility needs to ensure UPS’s ability to meet service commitments.
- Reviews weekly forecast updates as required to maintain validity of forecast projections (i.e., ensure measures are still relevant and conform to accepted IE principles) and adherence to Business Plan goals.
- Assesses the impact of forecasts (long and short range) on operating plans to determine when operating plan updates are required.
- Assumes project management responsibilities and conducts financial analysis when required.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science or any related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience performing in similar capacity. Prior knowledge in Logistics & Supply Chain industry or Manufacturing will be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with successful people management experience in motivating team members.
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English language (both oral and written) along with their Native language and able to work well with stakeholders across all levels.
- Ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting presentation to the top management.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, deep dive, strategic thinking, high sensitivity to figures with problem-solving abilities.
- Prior project management experience with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Candidate must be comfortable with domestic travel within Indonesia as and when required for business related purposes.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint).
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.