Public Affairs Manager, Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City / Hanoi)Primary Location: 18A Cong Hoa, Ward 12, Tan Binh District , Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh - VN, 700000 Job ID 065561
The Vietnam Public Affairs Manager supports the company’s issues management and engagement with internal and external stakeholders particularly with governments. Working closely with the Asia Pacific region and Vietnam Country team, the incumbent will have the public policy expertise necessary to represent the business on issues affecting trade, customs, transportation, and domestic regulations. The incumbent will report to the Region Director for Public Affairs in Singapore.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support advocacy, risk management, and thought leadership to position UPS as a successful stakeholder in Vietnam.
- Represent the business with government, trade associations, and other stakeholders on policy issues including transportation, customs, trade, and postal regulations.
- Act as liaison between UPS functions and external stakeholders, and provide internal communications and briefings to relevant business functions in Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore.
- Analyze public policy issues and understand the best practices
- Executive staffing, development of briefing papers for key executives
- Minimum degree qualification in International Affairs, Political Science or equivalent
- A minimum of five years Public Affairs experience in Corporate Government Relations or Government.
- Possess hands on experience in public policy issues with good understanding of public policy
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent presentation, writing and public speaking skills
- Fluent in both English and Vietnamese
- Good leadership skills and self-initiative
- Maintain integrity and professionalism
- Ability to collaborate and lead projects working with the Vietnam Country Team
- Ability to handle multi-tasks in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment
- Ability to gather information, analyze and synthesize for reporting purposes
- Proactive team player and with strong interpersonal, planning, organizing and follow up skills
- Based in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis to Hanoi and other Vietnamese cities as required
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.