AM Ramp EmployeePrimary Location: Hamilton, Ontario - CA Job ID 055107 Zip Code L0R 1W0
This is an outdoor, physical, fast-paced position that involves marshalling the plane, setting up safety equipment, and removing air containers and packages from the UPS plane. Employees should be able to lift up to 70lbs unassisted. On the job training provided!
Employees working outside on the ramp around the aircraft spend the majority of their shift outdoors so you need to dress according to the weather. UPS will provide hearing protection and a safety reflective vest.
- Permanent Part Time
- WEDNESDAY - SUNDAY (5 days a week)
- Wednesday through Saturday the start time is 04:30 AM (shifts vary 3-5 hours from start time)
- Sunday shift start time is 4:45 PM (shifts vary 3-5 hours from start time)
- $16.10 per hour ($14.25 + $1.85 hourly bonus = $16.10)
- Work/life balance: Part-time work with full-time rewards!
- Health and dental benefits provided after 1 year of service
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1500 / per semester
- Immediate access to UPS employee discounts
- Opportunities for advancement within a Fortune 500 Company - You might be surprised how high you can climb - most of our senior leadership actually started out as part-time employees!
- Guaranteed wage increase through Union Collective Agreement (Top rate $25.99)
- Paid weekly - every Friday
- Union dues once a month
- Union initiation fee after probation period - 90 working days
- Criminal Record Check
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid G2 or G class drivers license (you will be operating the ramp vehicles)
- Must be available to work 5 days a week
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs
- On job training provided by UPS
When you work at UPS, the opportunities—for growth, for mastering your craft, for building something special—are nearly unlimited. We’re a global network of movement, and we are creating unique and exciting professional pathways for people just like you, all around the world. And apart time job with UPS is a great way to earn extra money and health benefits.
UPS provides an excellent employment opportunity for students. Through the UPS Earn and Learn program, our student employees receive all the paid benefits of a great part-time job with UPS, plus tuition reimbursement up to $1500 / per semester. You will be eligible for the Earn and Learn program on your first day of work.
We are located at 9272 Airport Rd. in Mount Hope, ON L0R 1W0 - The Hamilton International Airport.
Reliable transportation is required. HSR does not operate during the start time of this shift
Applicants are welcome to fill out an employment application in person! Just ask the guard for an application.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation please advise your HR representative.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.