Industrial Maintenance Electrician- Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Level: Varies based on position
UPS is currently hiring Building and Systems Engineering (BaSE) Mechanics. This position is responsible for maintenance activities that are performed to keep a UPS package handling facility operating efficiently and effectively. The work is fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees. Ideal candidates must be available to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift, in a 24 x 7 operation. He/She requires strong electrical background and must pass electrical assessment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, photo electrical devices, transducers, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) and encoders
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, lubricators, hoses, and coils
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps
- Welding equipment such as handrails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grating as defined by scope of work
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Plant Engineers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Environmental and safety practices
Design and construction of facilities
Work with a committed team
Leadership and relationship building
Nashua Modular Hub
While most of our engineering partners help maintain buildings that are already built, here is a glimpse of how our Engineers construct innovative new buildings.
UPS Plant Engineering
Hear from Mike about what it means to work in Plant Engineering at UPS.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)