UPS Capital Marine Claims Adjuster
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Facility: UPS CAPITAL CORP
- Job ID: 276404
- Zip Code: 76109
- Street Address: 4100 INTERNATIONAL PLAZA
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Marine Claims Adjuster
- Fort Worth, Texas
UPS Capital is the financial services branch of UPS, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and protecting goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, be a self-starter and excel in a fast-paced office environment.
The Marine Adjuster is an entry-level position with basic to moderately complex Ocean & Inland Marine claims. He/She investigates losses, negotiates settlements and presents evidence in legal proceedings while maintaining adequate production and quality levels. The Marine Adjuster must have medium to high level technology, analytical, oral/written communication and time management skills. He/She will ensure claims are processed accurately and timely to ensure the customer experience desired is achieved.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Examines claim forms, policies and endorsements, and other records to determine coverage
- Handles phone calls and emails professionally
- Investigates claims by interviewing shipper, consignee, witnesses, requesting and obtaining official reports, requesting and reviewing survey reports, and comparing claim information with evidence
- Sets loss reserves
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by clients, local, state and federal government and by UPS Capital
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier liability, insurance policy, issuing settlement checks, disposing of salvage, and pursuing subrogation when appropriate
- Controls claims costs
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards
- Recommends litigation when appropriate
- Presents evidence at legal proceedings, producing products and other documents as evidence
- Maintains expected case load
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested
- Maintains acceptable product quality through compliance with service standards and internal quality control initiatives
- Handles multiple tasks under minimal supervision with high level of attention to detail
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and organizational ability
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to handle challenging situations
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems quickly
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to new directions at any given time
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law