New Business Specialist I
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position designs and develops warehousing and distribution solutions to meet customer needs. He/She analyzes complex customer order characteristics, work processes, storage requirements, equipment needs, labor requirements and product characteristics. This position provides pricing to customers and collaborates to define project needs. He/She uses the Logistics Engineering Analysis Package (LEAP) system to identify total costs (e.g., direct, indirect, etc.), ensures maximum revenue generation, and provides support to new business implementations. This position collaborates cross-functionally (e.g., Business Development, Operations, etc.) to provide cost-effective Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) pricing models for securing new business and increasing profitable revenue. He/She interfaces with customers to evaluate their needs and propose solutions. This position develops business proposals, responds to requests for proposals (RFPs), and contributes to and writes technical documents.
- Synthesizes customer data and solutions needs.
- Generates and analyzes warehousing and distribution pricing models.
- Participates in internal and external solutions reviews.
- Writes technical documents and responses.
- Leads team process improvement initiatives.
- Works with the project managers to identify customer business requirements.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure current customer and business needs; uses business needs to define the project’s requirements
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of physical asset design; identifies problems or issues with current physical assets; modifies or adjusts existing physical asset designs; recommends physical asset specifications
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems
- Demonstrates a general understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives
- Identifies routine work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes in general terms, process capability studies; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information
- Experience in IE or Supply Chain Solution Design and Development
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Business Administration or related field - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft products (Access & Excel) or equivalent software - Preferred
- Understanding of Warehouse Management System (WMS) design and functionality - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.