Building and System Engineering Supervisor
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This role is in the UPS Healthcare Italy division which operates in the pharmaceutical logistics and distribution market, shipping from Formello (Rome) and Liscate (Milano).
FUTURE YOU promises strong technical performance
Can you prove you’re capable of supervising a team that maintains a world-class ecosystem of machinery?
The BaSE team is responsible of assisting in determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns and discussions with the operations team to determine the most cost effective solutions.
With a global operation of our scale, we need our plants to run technically and economically efficient. We’re offering a permanent contract to a skilled Supervisor who wants to manage a team of electromechanical Specialists involved in completing repairs and PMI updates daily to ensure timely completion of work. In addition, this position assists conducting facility inspections and identifying operational improvements needed to promote warehouse efficiency and to ensure that health & safety procedures are respected.
If you show the correct capabilities and attitude, there could be the opportunity for you to grow your career and upskill on greater level within UPS. If not, we’ll offer you a compensation package equal to the experiences you gain.
What you’ll do
- Assists with overseeing the protection of physical assets, facility and equipment maintenance, and facility housekeeping.
- Organise and manage external contractors in carrying out ordinary and extraordinary on-site maintenance operations.
- Effectively roll out the UPS maintenance action plan (definition, analysis, control and improvement of KPIs).
- Continuously improve our 360° maintenance activities – evaluating the services of external contractors, finding the best technical and economic performers.
- Innovatively update our continuous improvement plans in order to advance our predictive and preventive maintenance processes.
- Coordinate all facility management activities that influence the management of our buildings and related services.
- Communicates assigned work status to colleagues to determine potential impact on the department's schedule.
- Assists with maintaining environmental compliance in accordance with UPS environmental programs (e.g., Storm Water, Clean Air, Hazardous Materials, etc.) to promote the environment and health and safety of UPS workers and the surrounding community.
- Delivers required regulatory training (e.g., Lockout Training/Hazmat Training) as directed, to BaSE and non-BaSE personnel.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Excellent onboarding and ongoing training
- Plenty of opportunities to progress and grow thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’.
What you’ll need
- We’re flexible, but ideally you will have a diploma or degree in an industrial-based technical area.
- You must have worked in electrical and mechanical maintenance on complex production lines, and you should have at least two years’ experience within a company managed by GMP and advanced quality systems.
- Other than that, you’ll be an analytical problem solver who sets goals and stays focused on achieving them.
- You’ll also need strong oral and written English language skills, and understand how to use Microsoft Office tools.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.