Communications SpecialistPrimary Location: Feltham, England - United Kingdom Job ID 054927 Zip Code TWI3 7DY
Feltham, West London
UPS is the world's largest package delivery company – with a strong and recognizable brand, and a legendary reputation for great service. Could you promote and protect our brand as a Communications Specialist based in our Marketing Department in Location?
You’ll help drive a whole host of communication strategies, from customer relationship management and PR to customer materials and digital/social media. This will see you managing external agencies and suppliers to develop and execute compelling communication plans and strategies. You’ll also liaise with internal departments including our European Head Office and Corporate Head Office to make sure that everything is on-message. Some travel within the UK will be involved.
Industry-leading training will build on your existing talents, while our policy of promoting from within will give you every opportunity to progress. You can also look forward to a competitive salary and excellent benefits including pension scheme and discounts at major retailers (like Apple), cinemas and attractions such as Alton Towers or The London Eye.
What you’ll do
• Work with our PR agency to develop press releases and campaigns
• Communicate campaigns to our sales and other teams
• Develop case studies and other communication materials for our sales teams and other groups
• Be the guardian of our language and brand guidelines in external communications
• Take on regular proofreading and testing tasks to keep ups.com constantly updated
• Provide support on ad hoc communications projects
What you’ll need
• A degree, preferably in English, Communications or Marketing
• Some experience in a marketing or commercial setting
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Fantastic people skills
• The self-motivation to achieve deadlines in a target-driven environment
• Proofreading skills that show an eagle eye for detail
• Flexibility and multi-tasking skills
• Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and MS Excel – if you’re also familiar with design packages such as Publisher or Photoshop, so much the better.
• Fluency in English – any additional European languages would be great too
How we recruit
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.