Sales Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
- Farmingdale, New York
- Travel: No
- Opportunities to grow
- Strength of the UPS name behind you
- Diverse team of experts
- Creating custom solutions for business
- Resources of a Fortune 100 organization
- Empowered to use your ingenuity
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Sales professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
Future You Is A Troublemaker
If you’re looking to stir things up, to think differently, to follow crazy ideas that just might work, Future You belongs here.
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS ON THE BIGGEST PROMISES OF ALL
Our connections to people around the world inspire us to keep doing more for the communities we serve. Learn about how our professionals volunteered to help deliver 180 tons of books to children in South Africa.
Future You gets more
Medical, Dental, Vision, & more
Career Growth & Mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Sales Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
- Farmingdale, New York
- Facility: Suffolk - Farmingville
- Job ID: 190734
- Zip Code: 11735
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for achieving their assigned sales plan by generating profitable UPS revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business within their assigned accounts, with a combined actual and potential revenue of at least $200,000. He/She analyzes customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
This position builds successful partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels of customers’ organizations to cultivate relationships and generate revenue opportunities across all product and service lines. The Senior Account Executive Meets with customers to discuss complaints and obtain supporting documentation (e.g., invoices, etc.). He/She collaborates with operations to implement accounts with special needs (e.g., unique delivery schedules, extra conveyors, additional drivers, etc.) to adequately handle customers’ shipping needs.
- Executes on previously signed contracts (e.g., UPS Freight) to introduce new products and services to customers and expand business within customer accounts.
- Performs pre-call analysis (e.g., researches account history, shipping details, complaints, etc.) to prepare for sales calls.
- Responds to internal sales leads from various sources (e.g., Sales Lead Incentive Management system, operations, Package Operations staff, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and create a sales strategy.
- Analyzes price quotes to verify accuracy and determine how to propose the solution to the customer.
- Generates customer-facing reports to outline shipping history, billing history, and accounts’ incentives (i.e., contracted discounts) and renegotiate contracts.
- Utilizes Total Enterprise Account Management System (TEAMS) to document customer information and provide account status to the sales team.
- Trains customers on proper packaging techniques to avoid damages.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
- Conducts Competitive Analysis: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of competitor’s strategies and offerings; collects, analyzes, and interprets competitive information; identifies areas where UPS is at a competitive disadvantage and suggests ideas for improving its competitive position.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Works with others to research stakeholders' and key decision-makers' needs, requirements, and perspectives; describes in general terms customer characteristics, preferences, history, processes and constraints; lists what products and services are currently used by customers; uses knowledge of customers to provide input into which products or features to promote.
- Creates Account Strategies: Understands customer’s general business needs and knows the account status; may provide information about accounts for use in planning account strategy.
- Freight Forwarding Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of proper processes, procedures, and use of technology for intermodal transportation.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties.
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Builds and maintains relationships throughout a customer organization; makes recommendations regarding account decisions or strategies.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Experience with supply chain concepts - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.