PT Preload Supervisor Evansville Center
Tuesday - Saturday, approximately 3:00am - 9:00am
Work in warehouse, directing & supervising employees on production and safety requirements.
Will work close to machinery and belts inside warehouse—hot in summer & cold in winter. Supervisor will be responsible for learning specified methods and safety training within a specified period. Selected employee will be responsible for production, timecards and reports to be completed in a timely manner. May supervise a group of up to 15, part time employees. Multitasking & leadership skills are a must. Must be able to lead the team and handle a position of responsibility.
- Part-time: up to 5 ½ hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Extended hours may be required as service needs dictate.
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis.
Work in an environment with:
- variable temperatures and humidity
- exposure to dust, dirt, and noise
- enclosed work area
- outside inclement weather
- elevated heights and uneven work surfaces
Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
Demonstrate cognitive ability to:
- follow directions and routines
- work independently with appropriate judgment
- exhibit spatial awareness
- read words and numbers
- concentrate, memorize, and recall
- identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- processing up to 2-3 steps ahead
Perform other functions that may be assigned.
- Ability to work varying shifts and extended hours as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to supervise and train employees effectively.
- Perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or use of a computer, filing, and calculating.
- Assist in moving packages weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
Applicant must complete a Pymetrics assessment in order to be considered for this position. An email from “UPS Recruitment” containing instructions will be sent to the email address associated with the application within 24-48 hours of supervisor approval. Applicant will have 3 business days to complete the assessment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law